Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:53:19 -0700, Alan Connor <alanconnor@earthlink.net> said:

>> From john@dhh.gt.org Fri Aug 1 10:49:26 2003
>>

>> Colin Watson writes:
>> > Yup. For example, I can guarantee you that the people operating
>> > the Debian bug tracking system don't always bother to respond to
>> > "challenges".
>>
>> And I can guarantee you that I will never respond to "challenges".
>>

> They've been around for years, and are often very subtle. I'll bet
> you $100 that you HAVE responded to a challenge more than once.

	What good are challenge systems that can be responded to
 without the respondent being aware that they are so responding? If
 the response to the challenge is so very easy, it should be easy
 enough to automate the reply (then you are relying on the fact that
 the spammers ISP will shut them down before they respond to most of
 your challenges).

> And anyway, considering all the hoops that the Internet requires us
> to jump through on a daily basis, your atitude towards C-R systems
> is not very logical.

	*You* are telling *M* what my logical response ought to be?

	Heh. You think _that_ is being logical?

> This is surprising in a person that writes such excellent
> programs...

	I may not write excellent programs like the person you are
 responding to, but I am a crusty old curmudgeon, unlikely to change
 my stance, and there a re a lot more people like me around.

	manoj
--
Cole's Law: Thinly sliced cabbage.