Re: script to run at boot

On Fri, August 01 at  3:02 PM EDT
hashi@pooq.com wrote:

>Other Linuxes have a p;ace to put a file that is to be run after the
>usual bootup, where I can put extra commands that are also to be run
>at every boot.
>
>Is there such a place in Debian?

1)make a file /etc/init.d/rc.local
there may be a different suggested name for the file at this point,
but rc.local is used by other linuxes last time I checked
2)give it the commands you want
3)chown root /etc/init.d/rc.local  #do these only if perms are not
correct
4)chgrp root /etc/init.d/rc.local
4)chmod 755 /etc/init.d/rc.local
5)update-rc.d rc.local start 99 2 .
yes a period at the end

I think this will put it in /etc/rc2.d as S99rc.local but you may need
to read the update-rc.d man page as I am not an expert on it.

HTH

Shawn Lamson
shawn.lamson@verizon.net