how to use debian-installer?

My question is about how to use the files in
people.debian.org/~tfheen/d-i/images/daily/ ?

I asked this on debian-boot, but nobody anwsered.

I want to do a "Boot from floppy, install from net" install with d-i.

I've searched archives of this group, I've read
http://people.debian.org/~mbc/di.html
http://people.debian.org/~pere/debian-installer/getting_started.html
http://cvs.debian.org/*checkout*/debian-installer/doc/scenarios.txt?rev=1.4
as well as other files in http://cvs.debian.org/debian-installer/doc/
but still haven't found anwsers to my questions:

Do I need a minimal set of one, two or three floppies to do a net
install?

Which of these files I use, and in which order I boot them:
http://people.debian.org/~tfheen/d-i/images/daily/net-initrd.gz
http://people.debian.org/~tfheen/d-i/images/daily/vmlinuz

There was also once a file named:
http://people.debian.org/~tfheen/d-i/images/daily/net-1440.img

but it's not there any more. I've read in the list archives, that you
"have made the image larger then the size of a floppy and it doesn't
fit". Does it mean that it's now impossible to do a "Boot from floppy,
install from net" install with d-i?

Am I supposed to use dd or cp to put these files on the floppy/ies?

For woody I used:

http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/bf2.4/rescue.bin
http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/bf2.4/root.bin

and used dd to put them on the floppies, and all I needed is to boot
from rescue.bin, then put in root.bin when prompted, and rest was from
the Internet.

But these files are 1.44M size.

The new d-i are not 1.44M size, and I'm not sure how to use them.

BTW: what's the difference between these directories?

http://people.debian.org/~tfheen/d-i/images/2003-07-31/archive/
http://people.debian.org/~tfheen/d-i/images/2003-07-31/cvs/

thanks,

--
    Miernik         ________________________ jabber:miernik <at> jabber.gda.pl
__ ICQ: 4004001 ___/__ tel: +48608233394 __/ mailto:miernik <at> ctnet.pl