Re: [SLUG] .procmailrc/.muttrc conflict ?

<quote who="Adam Bogacki">

> > MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
> > DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/adam

Problem 1 ^

> >set folder=~/Mail
> >set mbox=~/Mail/IN.All
> >set record=~/Mail/Sent
> >set spoolfile=~/Mail/IN.All

Problem 2 ^

> You'll notice that .procmail uses Maildir to define a mailbox

No, that's just a variable called MAILDIR. You're actually telling procmail
to deliver to mboxes, and by default to an mbox called /var/spool/mail/adam.
To tell procmail to deliver to Maildir, you must add a trailing slash. Like
this:

  MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/

    ^ use "Maildir" because it's the standard name for Maildir storage in a
      user's home directory

  DEFAULT=$MAILDIR

    ^ because there's no point delivering mail to an mbox in /var/spool if
      you want your mail in Maildir format

> , yet when I uncomment the Maildir lines in the .muttrc, I get the error
> message that "Maildir is not a mailbox".

Makes sense, considering the above. Here's what I do (and yeah, I really
should update my perkypants dotfiles):

Selected settings from ~/.procmailrc:

  MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/
  DEFAULT=$MAILDIR

Selected settings from ~/.muttrc:

  set mbox_type=Maildir
  set mbox=~/Maildir/
  set folder=~/Maildir/
  set record="~/Maildir/.Sent/"
  set spoolfile=~/Maildir/

- Jeff

--
Get Informed: SCO vs. IBM                            http://sco.iwethey.org/

  "Whoever wrote [the Twisted documentation] uses a vivid and interesting
         style of prose which triggers pleasure." - Francois Pinard