Re: How to make the debian system shut down with power off?

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Stephen Cormier wrote:

>On July 2, 2003 06:07 pm, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I've been struggling with this too, and it has now gone from a minor
>> annoyance, to a big pain... I don't understand why I can't get it
>> working... Knoppix does it, so... So I'm glad you asked, so I can follow
>> up...
>>
>Knoppix has in /etc/modules the line apm power_off=1 which I believe is the
>missing piece to your puzzle.

Hm, unfortunately, it wasn't... :-( Still, it is only the fan of the PSU
that is shutting down... Everything else is running.

Oh well...

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Recent astrophysics graduate                  Problems worthy of attack