Re: different versions of mozilla in parallel

On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 00:26, Lukas Ruf wrote:
> I would like to have two different versions of Mozilla installed on my
> Laptop: the very latest with sid and v1.2.  The reason for this:
> unprofessional software like found in telebanking applications check
> for the browser version; the latest mozilla supported by my bank is
> 1.2.

You could get a proxy that also filters various traffic.  Have a look at
proxomitron.  Its a windows app, but I've successfully got it working
under wine.  Basically, it can change your user agent to anything you
want.  That way, you can use the latest mozilla, which should still be
compatable with the page, but have it report that its an older version.
You can even have different user agents for different sites.

> Is there any way to get such a configuration working this?  I do not
> want to run both in parallel -- just being runnable.

Mozilla will work fine with different versions in different
directories.  I do that for 1.2 and 1.4.

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iaindb@bigpond.com>