Re: firebird + character display

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 03:15:37PM -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> I'm having problems displaying characters in Firebird that display fine in
> Opera 7. They are Unicode and Shift-JIS encoded pages (i.e. having
> problems with both). I have no problems with Cyrillic alphabets:
> 	http://www.gov.ru/main/symbols/gsrf2_2.html
> but when I view Shift-JIS pages
> 	http://www.yukazine.com/yuka/j/index.html
> I get little boxes with four numbers/letters instead of the Japanese
> characters. Opera displays the page perfectly. Which makes me think I *do*
> have the correct font packs installed, but that firebird is registering it
> somehow.

The page seems to display just fine here in Firebird.  That is no garish
blocks or anything.  I don't know japanese, but the characters displayed
seem to be Japanese or Chinese or something similar.

I'm using the Nightly builds from mozilla.org updated every morning via
a cron script.

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings