Re: How to install Debian 3.0 with an ServeRaid COntroller (ips) ???

Well, I'm not sure about your 'serveraid controller', so don't know if
this will work for you.

But just yesterday, I ran into the same thing with my Dell PowerEdge
1550 with a Perc3/DC RAID controller.

I was booting with my Debian 3.0 Minimal Install CD (iso image
woody-i386-1.iso)

And it tells me no hard drive could be found, and if I want to load any
drivers from a floppy.

I downloaded the floppy disk image:
http://people.debian.org/~blade/install/preload/2.4.18-bf2.4_scsi_and_bcm5700_preload_floppy-1440.bin.gz
made the floppy disk
(instructions are at http://people.debian.org/~blade/install/preload/)

put the floppy in during install, and chose megaraid.o, and then
everything worked fine.

Hope this helps for you.