Re: bash: display running foreground command in xterm title

In linux.debian.user, you wrote:
>> If you do pop into something that does fix this up (even a source patch to
>> bash, but not like I really feel like playing with that any time soon) let
>> the list know plz :)
>
> I'm close to hacking bash out of pure frustration :-)

Ahhh, when you do, can you pop in a hook to run a .bash_exit,
analagous to .bash_logout, but run everytime a non login shell is
exited? Thanks ;)

A rather annoying lack of functionality, if you ask me.

Beware of bugs in the above program. I proved it correct,
I did not try it.                   --- D. E. Knuth