help for backporting

  Hi,

  Where would be a good place to ask for help in backporting some
packages? I'm trying to backport the libssl and ipsec-tools packages from
sid to woody, so I can try out the IPsec features of the 2.4.21 kernel.

  At the moment, when running '%debian/rules binary' for the openssl
packages runs fine, however the packages have
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.1-10)
  and I don't know how to get around that. The debian rules section has
some scripting to make sure that libc6 is >=2.3.1-10, which I could
easily comment out. However I think that the dh_shlibdeps is setting it.
The file debian/libssl0.9.7.substvars has
"shlibs:Depends=libc6 (>= 2.3.1-10)"

  Can anyone tell me how shlibs finds these dependancies?

  Cheers
  Geoff

P.S (Please Cc, I'm not on the list)