Re: Gnome 2 fonts : weird behaviour in SID

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 11:57:52PM +0200, Dominique Deleris wrote:
> I have a small problem in understanding how the fonts work in
> Gnome 2.2 : when I set the "Terminal Font" in the "Fonts
> preferences", I do not see what impact it has on the desktop.

Try to change the Application or Desktop font settings; they should be
working.

> Let's suppose I choose a weird font as "Terminal Font", such as
> "Nimbus Mono L". Then where should I see an impact? My terminal
> is not affected by that, nor vim (which seems to use the
> "Monospace" font, whatever choice I make in the preferences).

Not all terminals looking up Gnome's settings for theirs, not even Gnome
Terminal.

I use Sawfish with FinalStep theme; Sawfish has it's own setting for the
window title font. So, the Window Title font setting in Gnome, is always
overriden by the theme.

Not quite neat? Well, long before the advent of Gnome, X desktops were
much more hairy. (If there were such things as X desktops.)

Oki