Re: Automount

Hi!

* JZidar <zee@email.si> [2003-07-01 19:13]:
> Is there an app or trick that would enable to just pop a cd or floppy in the
> drive and use it without the need for mount and unmount every time? Can be
> this built-in in the kernel?

If you know how to patch compile a kernel you should go for supermount.

Grab the patch from http://supermount-ng.sourceforge.net/, patch the
kernel, compile supermount in :)

Then put something similar to this in your /etc/fstab:

----
/mnt/cdrom     /mnt/cdrom      supermount      fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/sr1 0 0
----

Supermount mounts the CD as soon as you access it (I think) and unmounts
it when you press the eject button of the drive...

HTH,
 Mika