Re: make-kpkg: permission denied making modules_image

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:43:01 -0500
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

> > So I am wondering: what am I doing wrong? I *should* be able to
> > compile modules for an existing kernel tree without write privs to
> > /usr/src/modules/..., right?
>

> 	Right.
>
> 	What is MODULE_LOC set to?
>
> 	manoj

<looks around the table, can't figure out who the chump is>

I guess it's me. :)

I have, using kernel-package, successfully compiled modules for an existing
kernel, from sources in /usr/src/modules. I didn't set any special
variables, I just used fakeroot and make-kpkg.

I don't see how one could possibly compile modules without write privileges
to /usr/src/modules.

Maybe I'm just doing a depleted uranium imitation today.

Kevin