Re: Install xfree and gnome

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 06:08, Voicu Liviu wrote:
> Hi debians :-)
> I'm pretty new on debian so please understand me :-)
>
> I have installed the base system of STABLE ver 3.
>
> I also made the /etc/apt/sources.list file with my local mirrors.
> Now I try to run:
> #apt-get install xfree
> and I get not found, also the same message for gnome.

I had the same with gnome on woody ( I wlways figured 'gnome' was a
metapackage, but it seems not on woody), I wanted Gnome from unstable
anyway and done an apt-get install gnome from unstable and it worked
fine, been running gnome for around 3 weeks and so far only a few small
niggling errors, but its pretty stable.

AFAIK 'apt-get install x-window-system'  still works

Mark