Re: Activating vim color?

On Don, 2003-06-26 at 07:36, Miranda, Joel Louie M wrote:
> Im using vi and I switch to vim, I was wondering what r the syntax to active
> the color codes? Its just black n white. Im coding and I wasn hoping I can
> activate the colors.

Make your choice:
- type ":syntax on" in a vim session
- edit $HOME/.vimrc and add 'syntax on' (without quotes)
- edit /etc/vim/vimrc and remove the double-quotes in the line that
  says '" syntax on'

You might need to :set syntax=$COMMON_LANGUAGE_ABBREVIATION as well in
case vim can't determine the right type of syntax...
Check /usr/share/vim/vim61/filetype.vim for available file types.

HTH,
Igor