Re: exim-tls or VPN

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 10:42:45PM -0700, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> * Will Trillich (will@serensoft.com) [030615 22:14]:
> > i've been fencing with exim-tls and am at the cusp of
> > surrendering. i hear that i could use a vpn to allow my
> > emailers to connect securely and send/receive email that
> > way, without having to wrestle exim to do the tls that's
> > supposed to be so simple...
>
> Hold it right there.  There's no way that setting up VPN
> clients for all of your clients will be easier than setting up
> exim-tls.  I just thought I'd warn you before you go pulling
> on the VPN rope that it's much easier to hang yourself with
> that than with tls/smtp.

even tho "apt-get install pptpd" should do most of the heavy
lifting?

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0-bunk-1;
Linux server 2.4.20-k6 #1 Mon Jan 13 23:49:14 EST 2003 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #70 from Jeff <dr0ker@yahoo.com>
:
The Debian-specific command:
	update-alternatives --config x-window-manager
allows you to quickly CHANGE YOUR DEFAULT WINDOW MANAGER. You
might fiddle with "x-session-manager" settings instead, if it's
appropriate for your Debian setup.
  Try "man update-alternatives" to see a list of some of the
other default settings you may alter with the command.