Re: [OT] 4-way split screen on Dell laptop 8000

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 04:45:22PM -0400, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> on Wed, 11 Jun 2003 02:00:45PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins insinuated:
> > On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 01:43:14PM -0400, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> >
> > > My main problem right now is that on the console (i haven't even
> > > gotten X up yet), the screen is normal for the top quarter, and
> > > then redraws itself ontop of itself beginning at the 1-quarter,
> > > half, and 3-quarter marks.  The result is pretty legible for the
> > > second quarter, but absolutely illegible at the bottom.
> >
> > Have you disabled the frame buffer?
>
> no -- what is that, and how would i disable it?

   http://www.netbulans.net/susefaq/framebuffer.html

The above two contain conflicting information one suggests the use of
"vga=normal" which I see you've already tried, the other suggests the
use ov a video= line.

Based on this message from the linux-fbdev-users list, the video option
appears to be the right one:

   http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=178052

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar