Re: Graphics card, PCI modem recognition probs in Woody

 --- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote: > On Thu, 2003-06-05 at
22:38, Steve Kennedy wrote:
> >  --- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote: > On Sun,
> [snip]
> > > Are you telling XFree which PCI device to use?
> > >
> > > $ lspci|grep VGA
> > > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV5M64
> [RIVA
> > > TNT2
> > > Model 64/Model 64 Pro] (rev 15)
> > >
> > > $ grep BusID /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
> > >         BusID           "AGP:01:00:0"
> > >
> > Thanks for the hint, but it didn't work:
> >
> > $ lspci|grep VGA
> > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown
> device
> > 5157
> >
> > Added this info using debconf to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:
> >
> > $ grep BusID /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
> >          BusID           "AGP:01:00:0"
> >
> > Tried startx:
> >
> > (II) RADEON: Driver for ATI Radeon chipsets: ATI Radeon QD (AGP),
> > ATI Radeon QE (AGP), ATI Radeon QF (AGP), ATI Radeon QG (AGP), ATI
> > Radeon VE (AGP)
> > (EE) No devices detected.
>
> Since you use PCI instead of AGP, try:
>            BusID           "PCI:01:00:0"
>                             ^^^
> Regarding your "part 2" email, what driver are you trying to use?

The graphics card is in an AGP slot on the mainboard so I figured AGP
was the way to go. I tried your PCI suggestion, but it produced the
same error: No devices detected.

The driver I need is the ATI Radeon 7500 QW, which isn't listed in the
error message above. I believe it was included in the newer version of
XFree86 in "testing."

Thanks for your help.
Steve