Re: kdm init files and xmodmap

on Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 11:18:56AM -0200, Tal Eisenberg (eisental@012.net.il) wrote:
> I realize that I'm again "stealing" the thread... I just wanted to say that I
> really had no intention of doing that (How does the list server know i
> replied if I changed the subject?). Anyways, sorry for the inconvinience I
> will post my question again on a new thread.

Please use postfix quoting format:  your reply goes below the material
cited.  Trim your quotes appropriately and ensure your attributions are
accurate.

See: http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/Email-Quotes.html

When starting a new mailing list topic, *don't* reply to an existing
thread.  Instead, start a new post.

Why?  Because most mail clients will insert the "In-Reply-To:" or
"References:" mail headers.  And many clients use these headers to
construct threaded views of a discussion.  Your reply will then appear
as a response to some thread to which it's not related.  This is
regardless of whether you change the topic or not.

People who've decided this thread is of no further interest will skip
over your post.  You're likely to receive fewer useful responses to your
post.

For your own good:  use your mailer's "new message" function, not the
reply option, when asking a new question.

Thank you.

(Above are standard rants in
http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Download/rant-o-matic.tar.gz).