Root RAID with Debian supplied kernels?

Hello,

	Has anyone succeeded in making Debian boot a root RAID array
with a stock kernel?  I've gone through this twice now and cannot figure
out how why the initrd I'm making isn't working.  For now I've punted
and gone back to compiling custom kernels, but I was surprised to see
that google doesn't really turn up any links on the subject.

	So if anyone has a setup like this working, I'd greatly
appreciate a description of how you managed it.

PS: Please, CC me any responses since I do not subscribe - much
appreciated.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.
-