Re: How should we handle people who can not unsubscribe?

* Manoj Srivastava (srivasta@debian.org) [030329 01:15]:
> >> On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 21:55:55 -0500,
> >> Hall Stevenson <hallstevenson@mindspring.com> said:
>
>  > I would think that the listmaster for each list would have an
>  > interest in the discussions that take place in it. You know,
>  > they're a Debian-user like the rest of us ??
>
> 	List Masters are not there per list. And since the list
>  amasters are responsible for all 40 odd lists, I doubt they can read
>  every one.
>
> 	Are you volunteering to help them out by monitoring the
>  mailing list?

I would think as much as it obviously annoys people, there'd be hundreds
of volunteers. So, count me in too. Can you give that power anyway ??

>  > Why not ask for a volunteer or two to handle *just this list* ??
>  > Even give this person limited powers, as in only being able to
>  > unsubscribe a user vs "full" power ??
>
> 	Being able to unsubscribe other users is pretty much full power.

I know nothing about list software, so if that's the case, I guess one
would have to be quite trusting to give that power.

Hall