Re: how can I create the /dev/gpmdata file?

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 10:23:02AM +0200, p_pavlos@freemail.gr wrote:
> hello all,
> yesterday night I removed the /dev/gpmdata file by mistake and now I don't know how I can create. I reinstalled the gpm package but it didn't create the file.
> Any ideas?

This file should get created by gpm when you use it as a repeater:

14 [20:07:47] root@w00t:/dev>> /etc/init.d/gpm stop
14 [20:08:08] root@w00t:/dev>> mv gpmdata .gpmdata
14 [20:08:12] root@w00t:/dev>> /etc/init.d/gpm start
Starting mouse interface server: gpm.
14 [20:08:16] root@w00t:/dev>> ll gpmdata
   0 prw-------    1 root     root            0 Mar 18 20:08 gpmdata

--
"Other countries of course, bear the same risk. But there's no doubt his
hatred is mainly directed at us. After all this is the guy who tried to