kde - gnome - and window managers

Hi,

I'm new to Debian Linux.

A few minutes ago I was able to start gnome with the "gnome-interface". The desktop comes up and it says gnome. I have no idea what the name of this "window-manager" is.

A few minutes ago I was able to start kde with the "kde-interface". As the interface comes up you can see the kde graphics. I have no idea what the name of this "window-manager" is.

Unfortunately, I did something and now all that I can do is start either Enlightenment, IceWM, Window Maker, Sawfish, Blackbox, AfterStep, or Fvwm95. The regular "gnome-interface" and "kde-interface" doesn't come up anymore. I'd like to use those "desktops" again. Do you have any idea how to fix this.

Thank you.

Brian Reed