Re: Note

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 10:46:17PM -0600, Teilhard Knight wrote:

> list

> > > I have that same problem with my home account???
> >
> > Make sure you do Reply All (and delete every recipient except
> > debian-user) or Reply to List instead of just reply.
> >
> > You can search the archives for more information as to why changing the
> > reply-to header is considered harmful.
>

> Thank you, I am doing what you say with this post. Didn't know that replying
> to header was banned.

It's not banned, it's just that there are better solutions :) My mailer
(mutt) makes this trivial: I just hit 'L' for 'list-reply', and it
replies to the message (to the list), and adds a CC to the original
poster (if they set their Mail-Followup-To header correctly).

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>				http://ertius.org/