Re: Switch from Gnome to KDE...

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 19:06:34 -0500
Hall Stevenson <hallstevenson@mindspring.com> wrote:

> * GSO (gsowww@yahoo.co.uk) [030303 05:36]:
> >
> > As to the question of which to install.  IMHO Linux needs to recognise
> > it is not Windoze.  The Linux desktop needs to provide a different
> > rational to the user based on its Unix roots and its open source nature.
> <snip>
>
> Uhhh, okay...

Something along the lines of thinking of / renaming themselves 'XFree86
KDE' or 'XFree86 Gnome'.  Or if these desktop environments fancy
abstracting themselves out from the bounds of XFree86, 'OpenSource
{KDE,Gnome}'.  I guess what I'm getting at is a conscious effort to
integrate software that uses other widget sets into their desktop
environments and in a way that is business like with sound
administration services that also doesn't break the aesthetics of the
desktop.

GSO ;)