Re: Dummy

Thank you, I already installed the modem. The instructions that came with
the .tar.gz file were very good. Now I have the problem of adding myself to
the dialing group, I haven't found the way to do it. I was told to go to the
/etc/group file and add myself in the entry:

dialing:1004:user1,user2.....,

but I do not have that entry in my group file. I haven't tried to enter it
by hand, I feel it is rather unusual. I can't find in Gnome where to do it,
and I was told in KDE it is easy. I added a .xinitrc file to my home
directory with the line: "exec kde", but the damn system refuses to start
with a non default X. Any suggestions?

Teilhard Knight
The Extraterrestrial

Who ate my sandwich?