proftpd can't determine IP adress

Hi list,

the professional ftp server isn't working since some days. The demon
exits with the following error message:

root@hugo# /etc/init.d/proftpd start
Starting professional ftp daemon: hugo.paed.uni-muenchen.de - Fatal: unable to determine IP address of 'hugo.paed.uni-muenchen.de'.

I've got no idea why, it runs for several month before. The problem
occurs after I rearranged my hard disk partitions. The copmputer is
running the testing distribution and has a permanent IP adress, all
other network stuff run without problems.

Thanks for any hints,
Sven