Re: Nvidia Geforce 2 capability's not fully used

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:

> Section "Device"
> 	Identifier	"Generic Video Card"
> 	Driver		"nv"

I believe the nv driver doesn't use acceleration.

Hopefully someone will kick me if I'm wrong.

You'll need to look into using the nvidia drivers

$ apt-cache search nvidia | grep src
nvidia-glx-src - NVIDIA binary XFree86 4.x driver
nvidia-kernel-src - NVIDIA binary kernel module

Read the documentation in /usr/share/doc/nvidia* to see what to do after
you install it.

I had to do this to get my Geforce4 MX440 to work on unstable.

Mike