Re: Shadow RAM can't be disabled

"Mark A. F." <maflistbox@earthlink.net> writes:

> Here are the forced Shadow RAM settings:
>
>     F000 - FFFF (System BIOS)
>     E800 - EFFF (Rapid Resume BIOS)
>     E000 - E7FF (System POST)
>
>     Upper Memory Boundary F200
>
> I am working through my installation of Debian.
>
> What misbehaviors might I experience due to these settings?

Most likely, none.  Unless the descriptions are inaccurate, those
ranges are plain old ROM, so shadowing won't cause a problem.  The
only worry is shadowing over top of a range of memory that some device
(like an ISA network card, for example) is using for memory-mapped
I/O, but those are the ranges you've already disabled.

--
Kevin Buhr <buhr@telus.net>