Re: X fonts dead after upgrade

On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 18:01, Alan Chandler wrote:

> On Saturday 01 Mar 2003 8:42 pm, Alex Malinovich wrote:
>
> > My XF86Config did get updated but the fontpath lines weren't changed.
> > After some testing, I think I've found the problem though I don't know
> > how to find any more information on it. Apparently the font server
> > and/or the Type1 fonts are causing the problem. Removing FontPath
> > "unix/:7100" and FontPath "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1" fixes the problem.
> > Why exactly it fixes it, I don't know. Any ideas on how to further track
> > this down so I can either fix it completely or file a bug if necessary?
>
> I bet they were - take a look at XF86Config-4.bak
>
> The order of the font files have been changed - with Type 1 moved from last to
> first.  I think the order is significant and effects which fonts are chosed
> first.

Slow progress, but progress none the less. I still have to take out the
font server entry ("unix/:7100"), but re-arranging the fontpath entries
to their previous state (With Type1 towards the bottom of the list)
works fine. So now just to track down what the problem with the font
server is.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837