Re: Couple of more questions.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sebastiaan" <S.Breedveld@ITS.TUDelft.NL>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 8:56 AM
Subject: Re: Couple of more questions.

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Kent West wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >
> > >Second. My ISP is a log on ASDL provider. That means I have to use my
> > >Ethernet card and log with a username and a password. I do not have a
static
> > >IP, but everytime a log I am assigned one (dynamic). Any way to
configure
> > >this in Debian? My "card" (it is built in the motherboard) is an Intel
Pro
> > >100/ VE.
> > >

> At first you have to get your ehternet card working properly. When you got
> that to work, consult the standard documentation from your provider how
> things are done in windoze and 'translate' this into Linux.

Thanks Sebastiaan. The thing is that I configure that in Windows very easily
because it has the option of a broadband connection which required a login
and a pasword. For other MS OS's nor WinXP a configuration CD is used. Both
methods leave you with an icon you only click to connect. Nothing much in
the way to know how things work and I doubt my ISP's support people would be
able to help because they are happy just to lead you through the CD
installation wizard.

Teilhard Knight
The Extraterrestrial

Who ate my sandwich?