Re: secondary root account

On Saturday 01 March 2003 17:07, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> Sure, you can attempt to detect such changes.  However, if as
> you say "suits never trust geeks" (which I personally disagree with)
> then all the more reason to use sudo.

As long as there is a need to know 'who did what' among more equally righted
admins, it is sensible to give them the exact same rights under different
names. (Group root can still be blocked by chmod g-rwx *). If sudo solve this
problem entirely, giving a named user 100% access then go for sudo. I have
had bad experience with sudo, and the 'all for one, one for all' root account
on unix. There is more than one god, just depend on your religion...

					Svenn

By the way, how do you know that suits trust geeks? Are you a geek or a suit?