Re: /var/cache/apt/archives is big

Hi,

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Alan Chandler wrote:

> My /var/cache/apt/archives directory seems to have nearly a gig of .deb files.
> I notice there is more than one version of each (it looks like its always 2).
>
> Is there a command to shrink it?
> -
Yes: rm /var/cache/apt/archives/*

You usually update packages only, or install it once. You won't harm your
system if you remove the old packages. If it is needed, the packages will
be downloaded again.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan

--
  NT is the OS of the future. The main engine is the 16-bit Subsystem
  (also called MS-DOS Subsystem). Above that, there is the windoze 95/98