repost -- phoenix, java and other plug-ins. are there any .debs?

hello all

this is my last attempt before i shift to some bloated browser. i have
tried installing phoenix and make java run on it umpteen number of
times. it *never* worked.

phoenix installation is perfect. java is not. so, finally, i have
decided to try installing from .debs.

i run debian stable (woody) r3.0 and usually keep my system upto date
using aptitude. any suggestions on where do i get these .deb files and
step by step instructions on how to get and use them?

thanks in advance

--
regards,
sandip p deshmukh