Re: shuttle disaster

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Paul Johnson wrote:

> use an ATM card with pin number.  No, I'm not sure what currency the
> ATM is talking about when it reads off your account balance, either,

I live in Canada.

Whenever I've done this in the US in PA/NY area, it has given me the
remaining withdrawal I can do that day, in USD.

So my 1200 CDN limit a day turns into a "balance" of ~800, and if I take
out 300, it'll say balance remaining of 500. Very worrying when you know
the car payment and the rent payment are due while you're away, and
the total of them is more than that 500.

Very hurried and worried trip to my online banking when i got back from
the mal to see what my real balance was!

Mike