Re: shuttle disaster

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 01:24:55PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> That's pretty darned bad!  Maybe (a) your city's citizens haven't gotten
> fed up enough with the status quo, and (b) a viable reform candidate
> hasn't appeared yet.  Here in N.O, it took some black men who were
> respected by the full spectrum of society, powerful enough to effect
> change, yet outside of the existing, corrupt power structure, to *begin*
> to effect change.

Here, we started hitting the same spot we were in the early 80's, and
I think it says a lot about who moved in since then that Libertarian
candidate Tom Cox got largely ignored drawing almost 10%, despite
being practically a carbon copy of former Governor Tom McCall, who is
widely regaurded as being the best thing to happen to Oregon since the
British built Fort Vancouver, making Portland the first big commercial
center for the territory.  Thankfully though, everybody including rural
conservatives (who are usually holdouts for candidates like Mannix)
saw Mannix should be considered harmful.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user