Re: shuttle disaster

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 03:28:53AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> You mentioned "Department of Homeland Security, with most of it in the
> Transportation Safety Administration".  That would have happened with
> or without Iraq.

Yeah, and equally overkill.

> Oh, and btw, it was the Democrats pushing to have all of the baggage
> screeners federalized, in the notion that would somehow make them
> competent.

Oh, I don't particularly like the Democrats, either, and I agree that
was probably thier motivation.

> Bzzzt.  If George 41 had been re-elected, the S&L cleanup would have
> occured on the same schedule, anyway.  (And the Dems wouldn't have
> lost the House...)

Yeah, and we would never have seen a surplus.

> > until around the fifth or sixth Clinton year, *long* after Reagan and
> > Bush were out of the picture and the S&Ls were paid off.  When did
>
> I firmly disagree.

OK, but the numbers the Feds published are not with you on this one.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user