Re: cdrecord: What does "BURN-Free is OFF" mean?

Pigeon wrote:
<snip>
It should therefore be possible to talk to the CD reader as well as
the CD writer using the ide-scsi driver, and this is what most people
do. However, there exist CD readers, like mine, which despite being
ATAPI do not work properly with ide-scsi (cdda2wav throws up screen
after screen of SCSI errors). I therefore run my writer with ide-scsi
and the reader with ide-cd.

Thanks. I'm working towards making a backup script for the CD burner.