Re: Setting up the mail program

* Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> [01-02-2003 07:33]:
> My understanding is that entries in /etc/ppp/ will automagically start
> and stop the fetchmail daemon when it's installed systemwide.

I am running fetchmail on a system that has no direct connection to
the internet so I am perhaps not able to accurately support this
statement.

I have an entry in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d for fetchmail, but strangely
enough an entry in /etc/ppp/ip-down.d is missing.

The up script either awakens or starts fetchmail.

My knowledge of the init.d scripts is not good enough to see quickly
what and how the awaken option operates.

Bob