How to run KDM on VNC but not on console

Howdy,
I have a server on which I want to grant some users access via VNC. I the README.inetd file showed how to run KDM on VNC. It's pretty slick!

But whenever I start kdm, it starts X and displays It's prompt on tty1.

I don't want KDM to run on the console. This is a server, and I like the old fashioned text based login with no X. Is there a way I can limit KDM to only run on VNC sessions?

I've looked through the files in /etc/kde2/kdm/ and tried a few things, but no luck.

Any help is appreciated!