Re: Swap and ext3 (was: tune2fs ext2 -> ext3 do I do it to swap ???)

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 19:51, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On 27 Jan 2003 15:29:18 -0600
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> > Heck, not only would it not do anything useful for you, you just can't
> > do it!!
>
>     Well, technically you can after a fashion.  You can make a swap file on
> the current file system which could be ext3.  In fact I've done just that with
> swapd.  Question is what effects do a journalling file system have on swap
> files?

Very true, but then it's a swap *file*, not a swap partition, and that's
what the OP asked about...

Besides, *why* create a swap file, when swap partitions are more
efficient?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Fear the Penguin!!"                                          |