Re: Debian as a Personal Video Recorder??

> Is there anyone here on the list that is using Debian as a personal
> video recorder? Anybody able to get an unattended machine to record a
> couple of different shows a week? I think I'm gonna need a WinTV card,
> as these seem to be linux supported, but apt-cache search doesn't turn
> up any relevant software? Anyone successfully using Freevo??

Nick,

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but VideoLan supports
reading from a TV Card.  It includes the concept of different input/output
filters,  I wouldn't doubt that someone is already writing a module to allow
it to write to an MPG file or something.

Check out the website at http://www.videolan.org

Regards

Lee.