Re: ppp connection is terminated after 2 hours

Rob Weir wrote:

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 06:08:29PM +0100, Sven Bornemann wrote:
Sorry, I found out that it is the ISP cutting
off the ppp connection after two hours.
But Gentoo could overcome this somehow.

Any ideas how this is done?

Maybe they idle you out after two hours?  You could always setup a cron
job that runs on the hour and pings google.com a few times :-)

-rob

I tried a cron job already, but it is not an idle time problem for sure...
The ISP forces the disconnection every two ours making it difficult to
use the Gnutella Network etc.
I think somehow I must make the ISP server belief that I just logged on,
while I'm online for one and a half our or so...

Sven