Re: the vanishing console message trick

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 23:51, Jeff Cours wrote:
> lspci output: <http://www.moriarti.org/~jtc/lspci.txt>
>
> /etc/modules.conf: <http://www.moriarti.org/~jtc/modules.conf.txt>
>
> I'm running a Pentium IV system tracking Debian testing. The video card
> is an ATI Radeon, Lilo's the bootloader, and I'm using a 2.4 series Kernel.
>
> Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Well for one I don't see where the radeonfb driver is being loaded. Try
making sure that gets loaded.  Also, you are using 2.4.19.  I remember
having some trouble with my radeon and 2.4.17 through 2.4.19 kernels.  I
have used ac kernels for the longest time because my radeon work better
with them.  You might try getting the latest ac kernel or a
2.4.20-rcX-acY kernel.  The later being the best as I have had some
problems with 2.4.20-ac1 freezing up when trying to use 3-D apps.  My
last known-good kernel was 2.4.20-pre8-ac3.

--
Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>