Re: console messages flit by too fast

Have you tried scroll lock? I seem to recall it worked for me when I had this type of issue

On 2003.01.04 17:57 Dan Jacobson wrote:
I can't believe this is still not solved.  I boot the system.  I see
some ominous warnings. They scroll by so fast and are gone.
E.g. something about mtab.  Ok, cd /var/log; grep mtab * */*
Nothing.

You will answer "oh, mtab, don't worry about that".
But the general problem of messages that appear at boot but go off the
screen is not solved for me still.  Am I really supposed to hit ^S^Q
like back 30 years ago?  What if I am not fast enough still?

You will answer: that is the fault of whatever package author for also
not logging his message to syslog.  But that isn't helping me: what
package? the name went by too fast.

Isn't there something that I can turn on to capture all these, or are
we too early in the startup?

Am I supposed to boot my system thru some remote terminal like the
certainly must do a Linux Labs so they can scroll back?  But I only
have 1 equipment and am not into learning something fancy.

Perhaps all the stupid questions I post about why I can't enter the
audio age could be solved if I didn't miss one of those ominous
messages that go by too fast.

I hit ALT CTRL F1 etc. but I don't suppose those `man console(4)` tty
can be scrolled backwards.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780