Re: initializing linux partitions after installation

on Sat, 04 Jan 2003 01:09:42PM -0400, Dan Hunt insinuated:
> On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 02:24:40 -0500
> "Nori Heikkinen" <nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu> wrote:
> > what's weirding me out is, having created a user account for myself
> > and logging in, `pwd` says i'm in /home/nori.  how can this be, if i
> > didn't initialize a /home partition?  where on the disk am i?  is
> > this bad?  i mean, i'm going to go back and initialize it and /tmp
> > just as soon as i figure out how, but i'm kind of confused.
>
> I would do this as root,
> apt-get install mc
> (and then as user nori)
> (start mc)
> mc
> Once it is running hit "F9" and then "i" You will be able to see where
> on the disk you are!

yeah i had a prof this last semester who's in love with mc ... somehow,
i either need straight-up text or a full gui.  and if i can avoid
abstraction, i like to.  thanks, though!

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/