Re: kde still sucks and gnome2 rocks why?

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 07:11:39AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> However, one thing that tweaks me about both DEs, still, is that they
> go out and clone xterm.  Uuh, why?  And why make it as ugly and only

I've said the same kind of thing for years, glad to see I'm not alone.
At least both GNOME and KDE have usually had terminals that were
reasonably functional, dtterm (the terminal for CDE) is truly terrible,
and hpterm (the default HP VUE terminal) is even worse. The only things
they're good for are starting xterms or forcing yourself to learn
vi-style command-line editing. It was amazing how many fewer questions
and complaints I got after I changed the global default to xterm. If
you're going to reinvent the wheel, you should at least try to make it
sort of rounded on the outside...,

--
Michael Heironimus