Re: sources.list for people.debian.org/~elphick?

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 02:14:19AM -0600, will trillich wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 09:31:11AM +0000, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> > On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 04:14, will trillich wrote:
> > > couldn't get the ~elphick/postgresql apt thingie to work, so i'm
> >
> > I think that is now fixed.  Please, let me know.
>
> i can't figure out what to put in my sources.list file --
> anything i try with "apt-get" seems to insist on there being a
> point in the remote repository path that includes a "dists"
> directory,

If you omit the components (main, contrib, non-free, etc.) and end the
distribution part of the sources.list line with a slash, then apt will
not try to add 'dists'.

> 	debian/
> 		stable/
> 		woody/
> 			contrib/
> 			installed/
> 			main/
> 			non-free/

For example:

  deb http://people.debian.org/~elphick/repository/debian woody/main/

It might do no harm for Oliver to add a 'dists' symlink pointing to
'debian' there, though, since the repository is laid out with
components. Otherwise you're going to need several sources.list lines if
you want contrib and non-free as well.