TwinView and workspaces

I just got TwinView set up last night with two 19" monitors and I'm in
love! :)

However, I'm finding that having a 32" wide desktop can be a nuisance at
times. Having one window list for two screens, for example, is a bit
unwieldy. What I'd like to be able to do is set up each monitor as a
seperate workspace, so that I moving my mouse from one to the other not
only changes monitors but also active workspaces. Is there any way to
accomplish this?

Also, I'd love to have a way to have a regular text console on one
screen with X on another, but I don't really know if that's possible nor
where I would possibly begin to look for info. Any info is greatly
appreciated.

-Alex