Re: Nvidia compile error

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 00:09, John Mitchell wrote:

> Untar nvidia-kernel-src.tar.gz
> cd to your kernel source
> and run make-kpkg modules
> then install the resulting deb.

ok, I untar the package (tar -xzpvf nvidia-kernel-src.tar.gz) and from
it unpacked the directory 'modules>nvidia-kernel-version>debian>'
so I typed in make-kpkg from /usr/src/ - didn't work, I went to the
modules directory, the nvidia-kernel-src directory under the modules and
even the debian directory under the nvidia-kernel ... I don't get it :(
it still doesn't work. It complains that I am not in the root directory
of the kernel source.

>Shouldn't you gunzip and untar your sources:
>gunzip /usr/src/nvidia-kernel-src.tar.gz
>tar xfv  /usr/src/nvidia-kernel-src.tar
>then perform the symbolic link:
>ln -s /usr/src/nvidia-kernel-src /usr/src/linux
>do all as root.

I untarred the source and it made a 'modules' directory, so I did this:
ln -s /usr/src/modules/nvidia-kernel<version> /usr/src/linux
it made the linux symlink so I went back to my home directory where my
nvidia kernels and glx were ... 'make install' or 'make' and it still
doesn't work :(